Friday, January 11, 2013

happy new year


This week I started a fitness program. It's a local group that has had a ton of great success stories. I wanted to post here and make it extra official - no slacking. It's a 16-week "boot camp" program, with really tough exercise classes, support group meetings (nutrition, etc.), and a running club. I've been to boot camp classes three times this week (I am so sore all over!), and I may try a running club tomorrow morning (eek!). I can't even run a block, but they tell us that people like me are broken in slowly.

I like that the exercises are nothing fancy - we just have to bring some hand weights and a mat to class. But they're nothing like the old aerobics classes I went to back in the 80's. This is a full hour of harrrrrd work that includes both strength and cardio. I started it with Susan & Sue, and have seen other people I know in classes. Woo hoo! I'm excited to get fit, shed a few (ok, more than a few!) pounds, and make some new friends (everyone in class is soooooo nice - not those snooty fitness club rats).

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment