Sunday, January 29, 2012

scherenschnitte

This is a very simple ATC I made for a swap I'm in with Marian. She had the wonderful suggestion of creating an ATC with a technique and/or theme that started with the same letter as your first name. I chose Scherenschnitte (cutting designs with scissors). The patterns I found online were way too complicated for a small size (2-1/2" x 3-1/2"). What I did was use an ATC-sized piece of thin black cardstock, fold it in half, use part of a rubber stamp a couple of times using white ink, then cut out and unfold. I hadn't intended to ink the edges, but I got glue marks on some of the leaves (which drives me nuts), so I tried to rub them off with a damp paper towel - that made the black color from the paper smear onto the red. So the inking was to hide that mess.

The scissors charm (also starts with "S"!), I got from eBay a while back. The stamp (another "S") I used is from the Stampin' Up Toile Blossoms set.

No comments:

Post a Comment