Saturday, February 11, 2012

new pansy punch


I had sooooo much fun last night playing around with my new punch. It's a pansy punch from Marvy Uchida that cuts and embosses at the same time. I had been wanting it ever since I saw a video by Emily - here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWCLb8QrVxc&feature=plcp&context=C3bf21e5UDOEgsToPDskJGbAMU_C-REvSKB-mzk-0b  - her flowers are gorgeous. Really expensive punch, but this week punches are on sale at Hobby Lobby for 40% off, so I decided to finally get this one. When I'd see it in the store I would think - hmm, the ones Emily made seemed larger. But it turns out the flower printed on the punch is just smaller than the actual flower, which is about 2-1/4". Thinner cardstocks were easier to punch, but I still had to stand up and put all my strength in pushing the lever down with both hands. I don't mind, though - when the flowers are this lovely.

Some of them I curled upward, and some of them downward (around a pen). Played with different inks, different centers. The black/orange one has a skull-shaped rhinestone - I was thinking maybe for my Halloween album. The flowers can also be used as leaves. Can't wait to try even more paper/color combinations.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking my video to your blog glad you like the punch your flowers are stunning there are more punches in this range as you see on my video and there all beautiful happy crafting hugs Emily xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty, have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete