Tuesday, February 7, 2012

postcard swap

Here are some of the postcards I made for an international swap hosted by Shannon (http://www.musingsonrealities.blogspot.com/).

I lightly gessoed the background paper to tone it down a bit. Made a little orgami hat from a book page. Bits at bottom cut from Graphic 45 paper. Stamp from Inkadinkado. I love this stamp so much. I usually only buy stamps when they're on sale, or it's a special event (like the Stampaway convention) - but I eyed this stamp for weeks at Meijer every time I went grocery shopping. I finally caved and bought it.


For the background I used a dress pattern (Jim thinks it's hilarious that I bought a pattern just to cut it up... hey,  it was only 99 cents... and we all know that's a cheap embellishment!). Lots of Distress Tea Dye ink and gold Rub n Buff. Stamp from CTMH. Hard to tell from pic, but the twill ribbon is also covered in Tea Dye ink.

Background is washi paper I got at last year's Stampaway convention (can't remember the name of the vendor). Lots of Rub n Buff - even the edges of the lady.


I made this one at a crop, and didn't have anything with me to put in that big empty space (even though I desperately wanted to find something). Dictionary definition says "faithful". Bottom is Distress Crackle Paint (can't remember the color). Inked with Black Soot, and more Tea Dye (I guess that's my favorite color of ink at the moment).

The sewing one and the Asian one are variations of pennants I made for the other swap. I'll post pictures of those soon. The main difference is that with pennants I get to add lots of chunky stuff.

4 comments:

  1. You have such a way with your paper and ink. These are all lovely. Those empty spaces can make you crazy, I've spent hours pawing thru the stash for looking for the one thing that makes you say ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work, Susan! Looks like you have lots of layers. Looks like fun :)

    Cheers, and thanks so much for participating in the swap!

    Shannon Ganshorn
    Musings On Realities at blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Susan for the lovely card! (I was the lucky recipient of the sewing card above!) It is even more delightful in person. I am really enjoying all these small works of art. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete